The Bishop and Council recommends these compensation rates for supply clergy effective January 1, 2024. Congregations who can support this within their budget are strongly encouraged to use this scale now:
- One weekday or Sunday evening service with no preaching: $100
- One Sunday morning service (any combination of presiding or preaching): $150
- Two Sunday services with sermon: $200
- Three Sunday services with sermon: $250
- Additional work (adult forums, visitations, etc.): $30/hour
Compensation is to include mileage at 65.5 cents per mile and where necessary, reimbursement for meals and lodging at cost.
For more information, contact email@example.com. Send changes and updates to firstname.lastname@example.org.