There is still time to apply for the position of Parish Support Specialist at the Episcopal Church in East Tennessee diocesan office. Details about the Parish Support Specialist position are below.
As a community committed to intentional, positive life for all people, The Episcopal Church in East Tennessee employs an efficient, dynamic team of talented persons to enable this mission in both time-tested and innovative ways. We are looking for a key team member to immediately support our parish (congregation/church) leaders and internal staff while also taking initiative to contribute to the team and position from their perspective. This specialist is the first impression for all who encounter our office and cares about how that impression is conveyed. This specialist values everyone’s experience with us – remaining acutely attuned to how our office connects with everyone who seeks our support and following up to ensure that issues attain sufficient resolution. This key position will collaborate with a denominational leadership specialist – together they will support this office, its relationships, and the many ways we partner to positively impact lives in East TN and beyond.
Starts April 2022. Full-time hours and salary of 36k – 40k, plus benefits. Reports to the Bishop. Works from an office in west Knoxville, convenient to I-40/75. Travels to evening and weekend events in Knoxville as well as the Tri-Cities and Chattanooga regions two to three times each year.
Care and tending of the rhythms of exchange between church and the regional, denominational support structures.
- Staff member that brings life of parish into the attention and patterns of diocesan staff
Leading role for interfaces, hospitality, information, and support for congregations, staff, and broader public:
- First face at front desk and primary voice for callers
- Tending and organizing incoming contacts
- Care for our facility’s image, cleanliness, usability, and preparedness
- Main interface for parish leaders (clergy, vestries, administrators, etc.) and the public
- Integrity of database of contact details
- Hospitality and meals for in-house meetings, including facility scheduling and support
- Staff engagement, awareness, and support
- Material contributor to annual convention planning and execution
- Event coordination – food and beverage service for staff and visiting meetings
Key competencies we are looking for:
- Values centralized service and support – servant leadership – customer service
- Self-managed and professional
- Clear, concise, and measured written and spoken communication
- Mindful stewardship of time and resources
- Effective management of goals, priorities, risks, and liabilities
- Patience with, love for, and acceptance of all God’s people
- Collaborative – functions as an integrated member of a strong team
- Approachable, accessible, hospitable
- Nimble, adaptable, versatile, agile, resilient
Nice to have:
- Proficient in Episcopal church language and polity
- Technology savvy – able to configure various pieces of equipment and applications
- Keen eye to details and nuance, especially regarding human interaction
Applicants will submit a resume, references, and a cover letter highlighting appropriate skill sets and explaining interest in the position to Mr. Jon Humber at firstname.lastname@example.org before Noon ET on April 14, 2022.